Madras High Court has today scrapped the Tamil Nadu State Government order of reserving 85% seats for State Board students. As per the Madras High Court’s order, Health and Family Department Tamil Nadu is likely to publish the Tamil Nadu NEET Rank List 2017 soon on its official portal, tnhealth.org. Also, the Directorate of Medical Education Tamil Nadu will come up with the TN NEET Counselling dates 2017. Candidates waiting for TN NEET rank list, counselling, document verification 2017 can check the details from this article.
Tamil Nadu NEET Rank List 2017 Likely to Release Today – Check TN Counselling Schedule 2017 @ tnhealth.org
Tamil Nadu Justice Justice K. Ravichandra Babu has reserved the order on TN State Government’s order on 11th July. The Tamil Nadu State Government has published a GO stating that 85% of seats will be allotted to Tamil Nadu State Board candidates for admissions into UG and PG dental and Medical Courses while the remaining 15% will be allotted to CBSE and other boards. While this GO has also been moved to the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court has objected this decision and stated that the reservation of 15% for other boards and 85% for state board is not possible. Based on this Supreme Court Order the Directorate of Health, Tamil Nadu has to publish the Tamil Nadu NEET Rank List 2017 Today. Hence, students, those have engaged in NEET test can stay checking the official portal, tnhealth.org to Download Tamil Nadu NEET Rank List, Counselling Dates 2017. This year 84,431 candidates have appeared for the Tamil Nadu National Eligibility Test (NEET) Examination. There is a total of 4,675 candidates were from the CBSE.
State Government Lawyer General R Muthukumaraswamy said that “Under the 85-15% quota, around 2,000 state board students and 520 CBSE students would get a chance for medical seats”.
The Supreme Court has mentioned its verdict that for National level Exams like NEET, the admissions will not be given on the premise of state/central categories; the admissions must be given for qualified candidates in the exam.
DME Tamil Nadu has received 50,558 applications for admissions. The applications have been received for admission into 23 state-run medical colleges holding 2,594 seats. The Directorate of Medical Education will soon come up with the Tamil Nadu NEET rank List 2017 with names of qualified aspirants.
Steps to check the Tamil Nadu NEET Rank List 2017
- Visit the DME Tamil Nadu official portal, tnhealth.org
- Search for the ‘TN NEET Merit list 2017’ link on the homepage.
- Click on the link and provide the details of registration number and DOB etc.
- Tap the ‘Submit’ button.
- The TN NEET Rank list appears on the screen.
- Check the rank and take a printout for further reference
NEET Rank List 2017– Details
|Name of the Board||Directorate of Medical Education Tamil Nadu|
|Category||Tamil Nadu NEET Rank List 2017 for UG and PG|
- Tamil Nadu NEET Rank List 2017 to be published on 14th July
- Tamil Nadu NEET Counselling to start on 17th July