CBSE allows diabetic students to bring snacks: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will allow its students suffering from Type-1 diabetes and appearing for board exams for the Class X and Class XII to carry eatables while coming to examination centres.
CBSE: Carrying of Eatables to the Examination Centre by Type-1 Diabetic Candidates
1. Among all the diabetic population of our country, there are sizeable number of children who are suffering with Type 1 Diabetes who need insulin injections at regular intervals to manage their blood glucose level. These children need frequent meals to avoid hypoglycemia which may otherwise affect their health/performance.
2. Considering above in view, the Board has decided that the students suffering from Type 1 Diabetes and are appearing for the Board’s Class X and XII examinations are permitted to carry any of the following eatables with them while coming to the examination centre:
- Sugar tablets/Chocolate/Candy
- Fruits like Banana/Apple/Orange
- Snack items like Sandwich
- Small bottle of water (500 ml.)
3. However, the following modalities have to be observed :
a) These children shall have to submit a certificate from diabetic Specialist alongwith full diabetic history, nature of their diabetes and the need for snacks during the examination which shall be forwarded by the Principal of the school where the student is studying.
b) The food items shall be kept with the Invigilators at the examination centre concerned, who, on their need, shall hand over the eatables to these candidates.
Read more information at official circular by CBSE