More than were killed and 61 others diad in an car bomb targeting on the Turkish military here on Wednesday, Turkey’s deputy ministiry and government spokesperson said.
28 killed in Ankara bomb attack on Turkish military
According Prime Minister Numan Kurtulus, the governement has so far no information on who did the attack, Xinhua reported. Ankara Governor Mehmet Kiliclar said the authorities believe that the blast was brought about by a “bomb-loaded vehicle”.
The bomb taggetted on the housing in Ankara where transports for military work force were anticipating, as indicated by the Turkish military, activating two blasts almost a military compound of the central station of the General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces, sources reported.
News footage shows an extensive tuft of smoke ascending into the sky at the blast site. The area is also close to the Turkish parliament in focal Ankara. Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said they are investigating subtle elements of the blast, while the parliament representative Omer Celik alluded to the impact as a “dead assault”.
The government has banned local reporting of the episode. The attack happened during an high level security meeting, facilitated by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, was being held at the presidential royal residence.
The Turkish General Staff has firmly denounced the attack in an announcement, saying there were military work force among the casualities. The army said the attack took place at 1631 GMT and had targeted “service vehicles carrying army personnel”.
Leave a Reply