Common Admission Test (CAT) 2016 Notification, Online Registration, Examination Schedule, Eligibility : The Indian Institutes of Management will conduct the Common Admission Test 2016 (CAT 2016) on Sunday 4th December 2016 in two sessions. CAT 2016 will be conducted by IIMs as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs.
CAT 2016 Notification, Online Registration, Examination Schedule, Eligibility
Salient features important for CAT 2016 aspirants :
In a press release issued today by Prof. Rajendra K. Bandi, Convener, CAT 2016, IIM Bangalore, the following are the salient features important for CAT 2016 aspirants:
- CAT 2016 will be conducted in two sessions on one day. The exam will be held on 4th December, 2016 (Sunday).
- The exam will be conducted in 138 cities.
- Candidates will be given the option to select 4 Test Cities in order of preference. Test Cities and Centers will be assigned to the candidates only after the last date for CAT 2016 registration and hence candidates need not rush to block slots and sites in the initial days of registration.
- We will try our best to assign candidates to their first preferred city. In case it is not possible, they will be assigned a city following their given order of preference. In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted to an alternate city. However, candidates will not be able to select the session because it will be assigned randomly.
- Candidates must pay the registration fee through online mode only, including Credit Card, Debit Card, and Net Banking.
- After submission of Application, candidates will be permitted to download their Admit Card from October 18, 2016 onwards, till the date of examination.
- The duration of the examination will be 180 minutes. There will be three sections:
Section I : Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Section II : Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Section III : Quantitative Ability
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen. The tutorials will clearly explain this. Also, we will allow use of basic on-screen calculator for computation.
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- Tutorial to understand the format of the examination will be available on the CAT website from 18th October 2016. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials, available on the website, well in advance.
REGISTRATION For CAT 2016
The registration window opens on 8th August, 2016 and will close at 5:00 p.m, on 22nd September, 2016. The details about the registration process will be available on the CAT website www.iimcat.ac.in. At the time of registration, the candidates have to select any four Test Cities as per their preference from the drop down menu. After the last date of registration, candidates will be allotted one among the 4 preferred cities and either of the two sessions, In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will he allotted a nearby city. The candidates can download the admit cards from 1st October 2016 Still 4th December 2016.
CAT 2016 SCORE
Candidates CAT 2016 scorecard will be made accessible at www.iimcat.ac.in. Candidates may also be intimated individually by SMS. The CAT results are likely be declared by 2nd week of January, 2017. GAT 2016 score is valid only till December 31st 2017 and will accordingly be accessible on the website. Thereafter no queries related to issuance of CAT 2016 score cards will be entertained.
Important Dates :
Release of Advertisement : 31st July 2016 (Sunday)
Online Registration for CAT : 08th August 2016, 10:00 AM to 22nd September 2016, 05:00 PM
Admit Card Download Window : 18th October 2016, 1:00 PM till Exam Day
Test Date : 04th December 2016 (Sunday)
Release of Results : 2nd week of January 2017 (Tentative)
Download Official CAT 2016 Notification PDF Here.
Official Website: www.iimcat.ac.in
Help Desk email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Desk Number: 1-800-266-3549
(Monday to Saturday 09:00 a.m. to 05:30 p.m.; not available on National / Public Holidays)