The Indian Railways has introduced the new facility to the passengers. Now, transferring of booked tickets to others is possible. The Indian Railways is taking a good care of passenger’s money. So, people who wish to know the details of how to transfer the booked tickets to others can go through this article.
How to Transfer the Booked Train Ticket to Others – Details are Here
The transferring of rail tickets can be done to any other person such as father, brother, or anyone. By changing the name of the traveling person the rail ticket transfer can be done. Chief Reservation Supervisor of major stations is authorized to change the name of the traveler.
The Indian Railways transfer ticket options let the users transfer their ticket on to the name of other passengers instead of canceling the ticket when it not required. So people can check the Indian railway’s ticket transfer process from this article with clear steps.
Transfer of Rail Ticket Facility will be granted for:
- Government servants
- Marriage parties
- NCC students
- Family members
Rules to transfer the booked railway ticket
- The travelers can change/transfer the ticket only once.
- The train ticket transfer must be requested before 24 hours of the travel time.
- The same rule of 24 hours of time will be applicable to government employees as well.
- If it is a marriage party the transfer has to be made for other members of the crew and also the transfer must be made before 48 hours before the train time.
- The ticket transfer is allowed up to 10 members only.
How to Transfer Booked Train Ticket
- Approach the station master/ chief reservation supervisor and submit the application for transferring the booked ticket.
- Also, while applying for the transfer the applicant is supposed to submit the Xerox copy of any valid proof which defines the relationship of the other person with whom the ticket would be transferred.
- Proofs like ration card, bank passbook, voter I-Card, etc. are accepted.
- The chief reservation supervisor or the station manager would then give the permission and make changes to the Rail Ticket according to the application.
- Passengers have to make a note that manual changes will be made to the existing ticket and No new ticket shall be issued by Indian Railways.