HDFC Bank : Important Information on withdrawal of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 bank notes
As per Gazette notification DCM(Plg)No.1226/10.27.00/2016-17 of Govt. of India, dated 8th November 2016, bank notes in denominations of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 have been withdrawn. We, at HDFC Bank, are committed to providing every support to our customers to ensure their convenience through this period of transition.
Please find below some important information to help you:
• Cash exchange limits: You can exchange up to Rs. 4000 of the specified bank notes (Rs. 500 & Rs. 1000) at any of our branches till 30th December 2016. Please carry any of the following valid Identification (ID) proof with you – Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Voter’s ID Card, Passport or NREGA Card.
• Cash withdrawal from branches: You can withdraw up to Rs. 10,000 per account in a day subject to a maximum of Rs. 20,000 per account in a week at any of the HDFC Bank branches. This includes withdrawals at ATMs also.
• Cash deposit: There is no limit on the amount of money you can deposit in your KYC compliant bank account.
• Cash withdrawal from ATM: From 11th November onwards, ATMs will dispense up to Rs 2000 per day per card. The ATM cash withdrawal limit per card per day will be increased to Rs. 4000 from 19th November onwards.
• No charges on ATM withdrawals: All ATM cash withdrawals using HDFC Bank Debit Cards at HDFC Bank ATMs will be free until 30th Dec 2016.
• Extended banking hours especially for you: Our branches will remain open on Saturday, 12th November and Sunday, 13th November to service our customers.
• Be safe: Please deposit only your own money in your account. DO NOT let anyone else use your account to deposit money. Be careful, DO NOT fall prey to any false promises / schemes offering to help you deposit the specified bank notes (Rs. 500 & Rs. 1000).
• Continued access to payments: Transfer money and make payments using NEFT / RTGS / IMPS / UPI through HDFC Bank NetBanking or MobileBanking.
• Shop easily without cash: Shop and pay for all your purchases using HDFC Bank Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Netbanking, PayZapp App or Chillr App. For your benefit, the limits for payments on your Debit Card have been increased*. You can also check your eligibility and increase your Credit Card limits through NetBanking or PhoneBanking instantly.
For more information on the de-monetisation scheme, please click here.