Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore scheduled Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examination from 30th January to 7th February 2016. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development ( MHRD ), Government of India. There are only 2 days to go for the GATE 2016 exam. Here are the last minute tips & tricks, previous year question papers with answer keys. Candidates can solve the previous year papers and check the answers so that you can get an idea about the weak areas and can have a look at them before going to the exam. Download the previous year question papers here and preparation tips from the direct link provided below.
The GATE score of a candidate reflects the relative performance level of a candidate. The score is used for admissions to various post-graduate education programs (e.g. Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Doctor of Philosophy) in Indian higher education institutes, with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other government agencies. Recently, GATE scores are also being used by several Indian public sector undertakings (i.e., government-owned companies) for recruiting graduate engineers in entry-level positions. It is one of the most competitive examinations in India.
Also read: General Instructions For GATE 2016 Exam
It’s a dream of any engineering students to get admission in IIT (Indian institute of technology) for bachelor or for master degree study. Among more than a million test takers, it takes more than just casual studies to score high. As part of our GATE 2016 exam preparation guide, we present the GATE 2016 Preparation Tips and Tricks for All Papers. Here we discuss important points to keep in mind while preparing, books to refer, the importance of mock tests; and more.
GATE 2016 Last Minute Preparation Tips:
- Do not spend all your time on just one aspect of the syllabus. Keep switching between various topics. That will help your confidence, and ensure that you don’t panic because you didn’t manage to get to a certain chapter.
- Try to solve one marks technical questions & maximum no. of aptitude questions as much as possible.
- Candidates must ensure that the stress levels are down. To do that some relaxation techniques, music, meditation must also be practised.
- Revise important & easy topics.
- Try to work on your own IQ/ Logic. Don’t prepare any new syllabus/Pattern.
- Keep yourself positive and motivated.
- Most importantly, it is the state of your mind and mood which is more important than the state of your study. All your preparation will mean nothing on the day of the exam if you are not 100% well mentally and physically.
- Believe in your ability and keep the faith that the exam will go well.
- Finally, keep the GATE 2016 Admit Card ready, and keep it safe. As obvious as it might sound, it is essential. Keep the stationery ready with: pens, pencils, erasers, whatever is required for the exam.
GATE Previous Year Question Papers:
The Previous year question papers will help you much in the last minute preparations. By, solving these you have an idea about the exam and examination pattern. Candidates can download the papers with answer keys from the direct link provided below.
All the best 🙂