GATE 2016 Examination Rules and Regulations : Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore scheduled Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examination from 30th January to 7th February 2016. A large number of candidates applied and are preparing for the exam. There are only 3 days to go for the GATE 2016 exam. Here are some Rules and Regulations, general instructions, examination schedule branch wise, examination pattern and admit card download link. As of now all the candidates might have downloaded the admit card. However, those who did not get the hall ticket can download here. Candidates who are going to write the exam, read the article so that you can get an idea what should be carried to the examination apart from the admit card etc.
GATE 2016 Examination
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) jointly administer the conduct of GATE. The operations related to GATE in each of the 8 zones are managed by a zonal GATE Office at the IITs or IISc. The Organizing Institute (OI) is responsible for the end-to-end process and coordination amongst the administering Institutes. The Organizing Institute for GATE 2016 is Indian Institute of Science. This year it has released the notification and the candidates who had applied can download the admit cards from the direct link provided below.
The aspirant must carry the admit card and without this candidate is not allowed to write the examination. The admit cards must download online only. IITSc will not send admit card to the candidates through any post.
Also Read : GATE 2016 Examination General Instructions
All candidates appearing for the GATE 2016 Examination are required to comply with the following Rules and Regulations :
- Candidates appearing for GATE 2016 examination must carry Admit Card and original valid photo-identity proof with them at the examination hall.
- Scribble pads will be provided to the candidates in the examination hall by the invigilators for rough work. Before using such a pad, a candidate is required to write his/her name and registration number on the pad.
- Carrying of a mobile phone (even in the switched-off mode) or any other electronic device that can be used for communication inside the examination hall may lead to disqualification.
- Carrying of printed or hand-written textual material, inside the examination hall is strictly prohibited.
- All forms of communication among the candidates inside the examination hall are strictly prohibited.
- Candidates should not tamper with the computer and the related hardware provided in the examination hall.
- Candidates found to have tampered with these wilfully, may have their candidature cancelled. In addition, appropriate legal action may be initiated against such candidates.
- Any candidate found violating the code of conduct mentioned above or any other means not in line with the code and ethics of the GATE examination may have his/her candidature cancelled. Examination of such a candidate may not be evaluated, even if he/she is allowed to complete the examination. In addition, appropriate legal action may be initiated against all such candidates.
Permissible Photo ID in Original along with GATE 2016 Admit Card:
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID
- College ID
- Employee Identification Card
- Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address.
GATE 2016 Examination Pattern:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).
- Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.
Click Here: To Download GATE 2016 Admit Card
Exam Schedule of GATE 2016
|Date||Session Code||Paper Code|
|30.01.2016||S1||ME and EC|
|30.01.2016||S2||ME, BT, CH, GG, MN and PH|
|31.01.2016||S3||ME and EC|
|31.01.2016||S4||EC, AR, CY, IN, MA and PE|
|06.02.2016||S5||CS and CE|
|06.02.2016||S6||CS and EE|
|07.02.2016||S7||CE, AG, EY, MT and PI|
|07.02.2016||S8||EE, AE, TF, XL and XE|
Stay tuned to this website. Here we will update GATE 2016 answer key, cut-off marks, results and much more. Press CTRL+D to bookmark this page for easy navigation.