GATE 2016 Exam : Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore scheduled Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examination from 30th January to 7th February 2016. A large number of candidates applied and are preparing for the exam. There are only 5 days to go for the GATE 2016 exam. Here are some general instructions, examination pattern and admit card download link. As of now all the candidates might have downloaded the admit card. However, those who did not get the hall ticket can download here. Candidates who are going to write the exam, read the article so that you can get an idea what should be carried to the examination apart from the admit card etc.
GATE 2016 Exam 5 Days To Go| General Instructions & Admit Card Download Link
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) jointly administer the conduct of GATE. The operations related to GATE in each of the 8 zones are managed by a zonal GATE Office at the IITs or IISc. The Organizing Institute (OI) is responsible for the end-to-end process and coordination amongst the administering Institutes. The Organizing Institute for GATE 2016 is Indian Institute of Science. This year it has released the notification and the candidates who had applied can download the admit cards from the direct link provided below.
The aspirant must carry the admit card and without this candidate is not allowed to write the examination. The admit cards must download online only. IITSc will not send admit card to the candidates through any post.
Permissible Photo ID in Original along with GATE 2016 Admit Card:
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID
- College ID
- Employee Identification Card
- Notarized Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth and Residential Address.
General Instructions to the Candidate:
- This Admit Card must be presented for verification along with at least one original (not photocopy or scanned copy)
valid photo identification proof (for example: College ID, Employer ID, Driving License, Passport, PAN card, Voter
- This Admit Card is valid only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are legible. To ensure this, please
take a clearly legible, preferably colour print-out of this admit card on an A4 sized paper.
- Candidates must report at the examination venue 60 minutes before scheduled commencement of the examination.
Candidates will be permitted to appear for the examination ONLY after their credentials are verified by centre
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 35 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination.
- Candidates can login and start reading the necessary instructions 20 minutes before start of the examination.
- Candidates are advised to locate the examination centre and its accessibility at least a day before the examination, so
that they can reach the centre on time for the examination.
- NO CANDIDATE WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE EXAMINATION HALL AFTER 09:30 HOURS IN THE
FORENOON SESSION AND AFTER 14:30 HOURS IN THE AFTERNOON SESSION.
- Candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
- A virtual scientific calculator will be available on computer screen during the examination. Personal calculators,
mobile phones or any other electronic devices are not allowed in the examination hall. Candidates should not bring
any charts/tables/papers into the examination hall. GATE authorities will not be responsible for safe keep of
candidates’ personal belongings.
- Scribble pads will be provided to candidates for rough work. A candidate has to write his/her name and registration
number on the scribble pad before he/she starts using it.The scribble pad must be returned to the invigilator at the end
of the examination.
GATE 2016 Examination Pattern:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).
- Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.
Click Here: To Download GATE 2016 Admit Card
Stay tuned to this website. Here we will update GATE 2016 answer key, cut-off marks, results and much more. Press CTRL+D to bookmark this page for easy navigation.